Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Class E Here I come!
    Race #2 is officially under Lil Picker's belt ... Note to self ... don't expect 4 cyl YJ springs to hold up a 3100 pound vehicle for very long ... Scaled it at the race and got 1600/1500 front/rear with me and a half tank of fuel. going to get a few sets of used front leafs from the local jeep yard and make some packs capable of holding this thing up out back. up front i have one bent one to replace and the stock rate is fairly close. all of the bottoming out is occurring at the rear. didn't break any shock mounts, but I doubt my new $7.00 rock auto rear shocks have any life left in them. ))))

ratchet strapped the wasted right side engine mount right before the race, the left side mount bushing did not survive very long into the race so the entire drivetrain was shifting pretty badly by the second lap. ran a 52, 42 and 36-min lap series. no pit stops for anything unlike last race, was the last runner on the last lap and it was sweet, no pulling over for faster rigs and no dust. if i respring this thing, it's showing me a lil stock 4-cyl can run a good enough pace for top 5 position. Tech told me i might have the only no upgrade points vehicle in the place. LOL
    We finished 9th this time and 44th overall. Course was even rougher and dustier than last race. Very little rain/dry conditions makes the course really get chewed up -- and was it ever rubble strewn!

Got some gopro footage of race 1 from my copilot and threw together a highlights style vid of first race of the season.

2. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    night race without lights? LOL I see just a black square
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat4020 View Post
    night race without lights? LOL I see just a black square
    hmmm works ok on my end .. Had the mini buggy with me this past outing, but pulled it off the trailer to find that my slow leak tire was a full on pinch flat thru the sidewall and didn't run it. Shame, since I busted tail all week getting it back into shape.

4. Collapse Details
    Cold Spring MN ...Dunz season's ust around the corner
    Ya it works on my phone this morn but not my laptop at work who knows so
    The question is not if its gona roll. Its when ..

That be some kind of church cruzzer or commuter bike thingy ?

5. Collapse Details
    Same old same old ...race day approacheth and too much to be done

Hit the local jeep yard and dragged out some leaf springs to experiment with.

As is my custom, can't leave well enough alone, so I decided to make a set of 6-leaf spring packs. Had to mix my4-cyl set with the heavier set I got because the clamp rivets had pulled through on that set. Lopped the eyes off my 4-cyl main leafs and added them in. presently in mock up, have to add the shims in and drill in the second slider on the homemade add-a-leaf.

Meantime, this fleet at work has kept me more than busy, making a dozen good ones out of 19, and these poor guys have been ridden hard and not well wrenched on ... Rains here have delayed concrete pour on the track multiple times now and this week is no exception. Opening day may end up right on top of the 7-miler and kill my shot at making it to the final race this year.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2