Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fl350 airbox mod
    Just wanted to show how easy this Mod is. Adding air to your motor will increase power, and you will also need to re-jet!
    I had a Kleem air box for the longest time but I got tired off cleaning my filter daily. I am also adding a fuell cell so the extra room is needed...
    I think I have $25.00 in this the biggest part being a 20.00 shopvac hose that fits over the inlet perfectly!

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Fl350 airbox mod
    I think this took about 30 minutes to complete. I still need to paint Black and chaulk up so no air comes through. At the top of my tubes will go two additional air filters that will be easier to remove and clean

3. Collapse Details
    pictures are loading backwards???

4. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Looks good. *Pix always load backwards...

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab\";p=\"69817
    Looks good. *Pix always load backwards...
    I am used to them loading as I load them... kinda makes the post go backa..wards

6. Collapse Details
    FYI,I would leave the extra filters off the ends *of the hoses......It adds A LOT of restriction and a good filter in the box is plenty filtering....Here's why....
    The shop vac hoses (although some claim they cause unwanted turbulance) Gets a static charge as the air goes through them....This causes a large percentage of the dust to stick to the inside of the vac hoses.....Acts just like another filter....Just remember to wash them out every once in a while.....When the inside gets covered, it tends to get less charged than when clean....
    An example of the restriction....Last weekend at Durhamtown, Rocketman had an intake that consisted of a filter in the box, and one on the hose....He had been battleing jetting,which he had a top end bog,so the filter was discussed and removed....The Pilot came to life after that....
    I use only a well oiled uni in the box, and have a dual intake with the vac hoses, and never have much problem with filters caking up, and we ride in some "I can't see the trail" dust quite often.....
    Hoodlum

7. Collapse Details
    I appreciate the input, but will stick to the filters, I see your point but I use a dial a jet to keep from having rocketmans problem. I got 90% of the fuel cell install done and had to put it up for the weekend. Kid has a MX race and I have to pick up a load to San Diego tomorrow.

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by turbotexas\";p=\"69889
    I appreciate the input, but will stick to the filters, I see your point but I use a dial a jet to keep from having rocketmans problem. I got 90% of the fuel cell install done and had to put it up for the weekend. Kid has a MX race and I have to pick up a load to San Diego tomorrow.
    Have it your way, but a dial a jet won't solve an extreme rich condition from a restricted air box.....Did you have a filter on the hose that is currently on there?If not, and you add a second hose along with filters, I would just about garuntee you will have to jet down from 1 tube that is open,which pretty much defeats the purpose of having 2 tubes......
    If you want to run filters on the end of the tubes, I would suggest leaving the one out of the box....It's going to be a pain in the a#@ to change anyways with the fuel cell sitting on top of it....
    Hoodlum

9. Collapse Details
    I had a kleem airbox, and yes I know I will have to rejet because of the kleem! And yes I will use an air filter in my air box, as well as two easy to change, high flow air filters so I won't have to remove my fuel cell every day to clean my air filter... Several people are using this set up with great results so I can only hope for the same kind of luck!!!

10. Collapse Details
    Turbo, I run the dual filters with none in the box and I have to agree with Hoodlum, you get more out of your engine it seems. But to each their own

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast