Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Looking for 4WD mini buggy frame (like pictured)
    Hi,

Looking to get this, it uses everything (almost) from a Polaris Sportsman 700. Not sure where to find the builder or plans thou. I need your help pleaseI need something for everything, mud, snow, sand, rocky terrain etc. Plus be a one seater.

Thanks

Last edited by minibajaman; 06-02-2009 at 07:10 AM. Reason: fixed picture

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Looking for 4WD mini buggy frame (like pictured)
    Thats Bad A$$ looking if you find one let me know. I just would want to make it longer lol

3. Collapse Details
    Here is a link to Rustynuts build 4x4 Mini Buggy

The one above looks good too but the roll cage is not as substantial/protective.

4. Collapse Details
    Here is build log for that buggy.

Polaris ATV gets a new Rollcage Chassis - OFN Forums

There are a lot of people who want a 4wd buggy, myself included, but there does not seem to be any good option for a small 4x4, besides taking an existing quad/SxS converting it to a buggy.

Here is another good build, one of the better 4x4 buggies.

ROCK RACER

5. Collapse Details
    If I was gonna make a 4x4 buggy and did not like above mentioned just use a 4wd quad for its parts here is how I have thought about it. This is genrally for way more power than the typical quad.

Find two IDENTICAL of the smallest diffs you can out of IRS cars. The size would depend on the power you plan to feed it and the honest weight it will be.

Place both diffs facing forward in the chassis bottom.

Run a shaft along the side from the front to the back. Then connect from this shaft to the diffs with chains.

Turn the motor sideways and hook it to this shaft with a chain as you see fit (directly or thru a reversing gearbox)

If one was going to use less power like an industrial engine they could use diffs out of quads and just face them the correct direction for rotation.

The car diffs would add a lil weight and drag. But be very tough to break. For a fun car a few pounds of reliabilty is better than a light weight breakdown waiting to happen. (To me it is!)

The other thing I have thought about is diffs out of something like a Toyota IFS truck. Both facing rearward. These can have a lot of travel setup right (not great for a setup that needs to be super narrow though) With a front Wheel drive car motor and tranny in the back right over the rear axle/diff. A shaft runs to the front and scince the rear is right above it you connect it with chain. This would keep it from being to long is thats an issue.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

6. Collapse Details
    The challenge would be to make a two seater buggy 4x4.

7. Collapse Details
    Question
    I would like to build a 4x4 mini buggy using part from a quad but a motor from a super bike maybe the yamaha R1. I need power and I want the 6 speed gear box. I would also like it to be a 2 seater. Any ideas how to do this ?

8. Collapse Details
    See the psot two above yours of mine. Not to many quad parts will live behind a good street bike motor unless you never use the throttle. Good inline bike motors (and the R1 is a good one) need stout drivetrains.

Two small car diffs to a shaft like I said would be the only cost effective way to do it that would not break every time you nailed it.

Running a T-case out of a Suzuki Samurai then to axles may be an option too.
    Now that NOBAMA has PROVEN he is the absolute WORST president in the history of history Jimmy Carter can thank him for stealing the dunce crown.

Lets hope the next guy repeals NObama care along with the rest of the stupid crap this blight on our windshield has done.

9. Collapse Details
    Welcome to the site too! :]

10. Collapse Details
    thanks that was kinda what i was thinking (the t case) but i was hoping for light weight parts going to be used in the mud and trails hoping for a total weight of 600-800 lbs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast