1. Collapse Details
    Le Fud 24 hr. Desert Race
    Has anyone heard any info on whether there will be a race in '08 at Plaster City, CA?

I've seen some posts on the R-D site with no confirmed info. Wondering if anyone here knows someone in the planning of this race for more info.

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Le Fud 24 hr. Desert Race
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    As far as I know, all Fud races are done. *The last 24 hour race was May 2 - 4, 2003 at Plaster City. *It was a blast! * We went 8 hours in a Pilot (Big Tom's from Houston) before the top end went poofkaboom.

Fud died not too terribly long after that race.

Do you know something we don't??? *I'd do another Fud 24 hour race in a heart beat.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by K-fab\";p=\"55332
    Fud died not too terribly long after that race.
    Do you know something we don't??? I'd do another Fud 24 hour race in a heart beat.
    Wow, I didn't know he died. Sorry to hear that.
    The info I got was from this thread:
    http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showth ... 441&page=6

I saw your link. Now that's what I'm talkin about!

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. Too bad KiowA couldn't make it, though.

Team Totalis Racing will be there! [smilie=ecstatic.gif] * *[smilie=ecstatic.gif] * *[smilie=ecstatic.gif]

4. Collapse Details
    The cool thing about those races was you could go after a "world record" so even if you were winning you still had to push to try and break the record. *In '95 we overalled the race and set a world record, which still stands, for the 250cc (motorcycle)pro class. *I raced it again in '97 for Honda on the XR 628 but we had too much down time and only managed 2nd and no new record. *The good old days. *It would be great to see that race happen again.

Bajatex

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by bajatex\";p=\"55359
    The cool thing about those races was you could go after a "world record" so even if you were winning you still had to push to try and break the record. *In '95 we overalled the race and set a world record, which still stands, for the 250cc (motorcycle)pro class. *I raced it again in '97 for Honda on the XR 628 but we had too much down time and only managed 2nd and no new record. *The good old days. *It would be great to see that race happen again.

Bajatex
    Congrats! That's cool you made your mark in the racing world.

I hope they run it again. I'm sure there would be a ton of interest.

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Le Fud 24 hr. Desert Race - The Latest
    Here's the latest thread I found on RD:

http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/newrep ... y&p=380212

Quote Originally Posted by TreyP View Post
    Bingo! We have a winner....

This race won't happen this season, BLM rules.......but look for us next season. It is in the works.

We plan on putting on a exceptional event and don't want to rush it. Our plan is to put a race on that will define desert racing for the future. Stay tuned and we hope we can give all racers what they want, great competition, a challenging course, and a fair playing field. Safety and fairness is our goal, along with technology that will allow us to maintain it.

We also look forward to hearing from the racers as to what they want in a race, after all it is all about the people that race these events.