MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community

Go Back   MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community > :::Fabrication::: > Driveline

Driveline Mini-buggy transmission, differentials, Forward Neutral Reverse (FNR) and gearing discussions.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Admin

Default Re: Can you identify this FNR box

What software are you using for pics? Trying short names, no spaces or characters? Try opening in Paint and use Save As. . . .(file name .jpg)
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2010, 02:01 AM   #22 (permalink)

First upload your pictures to photobucket/picasa/etc.

Click on the pictures in photobucket to open them.

Right click on the picture and select "Copy Image Location" This will copy the html address where the image is stored on the photobucket server.

Click on the little yellow button in the reply window with the mountains, this will prompt a window to open.

Paste the image HTML address in the window and click OK.

This will insert the picture in the reply text body.

You can then click and drag to resize the picture.

Good luck!

The advantage of uploading pictures this was is that they can be larger or original size, can be placed in the body of your reply, are hosted externally so they don't take up MBN server space, and you can use them as hyperlinks.

The disadvantage is that if the original server where the picture is hosted disappears, so will all of your pictures.

Last edited by ttginc; 11-17-2010 at 02:05 AM.. Reason: added info
ttginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #23 (permalink)

thanx tt and gene for the help. gene im using corel photo paint quite frankly i have never had problems uploading to forums just this one im up loading to photo bucket now and will give it a try. but the server here for some reason just wont upload ive tried different formats, sizes, renaming to a single letter and no luck.
ramitharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #24 (permalink)

nope nothing worx i give up. heres the link to my photo album i have 9:1 and a whole bunch of 7.28:1

Photobucket Login

I fixed your pic link - hit edit and check the way the link has been structured. You had a few extra things in there. K-fab

Last edited by K-fab; 11-17-2010 at 12:14 PM.. Reason: Fixed the picture link.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:32 PM   #25 (permalink)

Admin

I'm betting these were all intended for CVT cars based on gearing. Sure looks stout. Wonder what the differential came from or if it is really one-off.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #26 (permalink)

thanx kafab i dont know what i had in the link the wasnt supposed to be there and i clicked edit to see what changes you made but cant see the link to determine what exactly you did but thank you.
yes gene these were designed for cvts and in pretty sure the diffs were one offs which sucks cause i have a crap load of carriers and drive gears but no spiders.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 AM   #27 (permalink)

i would like to sell a couple of these due to me not needing 9 of them laying around. what would these posibly go for. if any of you have any questions please call me my number is 707 689-3878 ask for Denny.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #28 (permalink)

Ramit
I can tell you that these boxes were called a Blurton gear box and they originally came out of some sort of implement vehicle. They required alot of machine work to make the diff work. There was a company in the 80's called H&R fabrication owned by Randy Smalley who built superlites for the Mickey Thompson series.They were a small light car with the Fl350 modified motors they used to use. He used to do much of the machine work, I have one of these boxes but a couple gears need replacing.No one has used those for quite some time. Where did you find these parts?Heres a couple pics from the 80's and the car H&R used to build. Let me know if you would sell me a couple parts.
Thanks Bob

www.ExtremeBajaKarts.com
gootjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 01:18 AM   #29 (permalink)

Location: Shaking and Burning in the Land of Confusion aka SoCal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gootjr View Post
Ramit
I can tell you that these boxes were called a Blurton gear box and they originally came out of some sort of implement vehicle. They required alot of machine work to make the diff work. There was a company in the 80's called H&R fabrication owned by Randy Smalley who built superlites for the Mickey Thompson series.They were a small light car with the Fl350 modified motors they used to use. He used to do much of the machine work, I have one of these boxes but a couple gears need replacing.No one has used those for quite some time. Where did you find these parts?Heres a couple pics from the 80's and the car H&R used to build. Let me know if you would sell me a couple parts.
Thanks Bob

Those old photos and that old artical is just way too cool stuff! Thanks for sharing!
Bob
HYPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 07:31 AM   #30 (permalink)

That sure is a nice looking car

Those parts look awful simular to what is inside my billet cased Coleman FNR...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1003.jpg (36.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1005.jpg (49.2 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0046.jpg (44.2 KB, 59 views)
BlueCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links