MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community

Go Back   MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community > :::Fabrication::: > Driveline

Driveline Mini-buggy transmission, differentials, Forward Neutral Reverse (FNR) and gearing discussions.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default buying Micro Stub & disc brake Kit for 930 cvs

I was just shopping on the internet for micro stub/ disc brake kit for 930`s and came across Doghouserepair.com
any one here used them?
the rear end of this project is geting very $$$$$, I`m just trying to find the best deal,
Does McKenzies sell to the public? I found that EMPI does not. any help would be great. thanks
Moto1
moto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: buying Micro Stub & disc brake Kit for 930 cvs

930 prices seem way too high to me, but i could be missing something.

Standfast posted a place with good prices recently but i cant find it yet.

Found it.http://www.pacificcustoms.com/AC501930E.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALON View Post
did you use a special bigfoot camera or something ,you know all blurry could be a tree stump kinda thing .

Last edited by Bullnerd; 02-11-2009 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: found it
Bullnerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks, I will check it out.....
moto1
Old 02-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

check out moore parts and also dans performance also. mckenzies does sell to the public.
mini929honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

I posted about the Jamar micro stub kit. It was the best deal I could find on a complete kit.

Here it is.
Detail Page

The one they are selling doesn't quite look like the pictures though. I actually prefer the updated version though. I put it into solidworks when I got them here. (everything except for the calipers) It is listed in the file library if you need it. This is what they will look like when you get em.

Jamar Microstubs

Here is a pic. The trailing arm pieces that I have them mounted to is a plate that I drew and the angle cut tube is from Kartek. They call them balogna tubes and the one I got was the version that they make for the chassis builder "Alumacraft". They were $45 for the pair. I like using these because they help protect the CV's I attached the DXF for the plate that weld onto the bologna tube to mount the microstub kit to I can give it to you. I integrated the caliper mount into that piece. It is 3/8" thick plate. It is the same diameter as the tube so it mates up easy. The caliper holes are undersized so you can tap them for the bolts to make assembly easy. You can give the DXF to your laser cutter or waterjet cutter and they can cut them for you. I recommend these guys though. Really good prices. GK Machine, Inc. - Donald, OR I think you will want to talk to Mike or Miguel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S6300267.jpg (38.6 KB, 235 views)
File Type: jpg S6300260.jpg (35.5 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg hub plate.jpg (12.7 KB, 112 views)
Attached Files
File Type: dxf microstub plate.DXF (24.4 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by standfast; 02-11-2009 at 06:33 AM..
standfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Is it just me, or does that filedropper require you to create an account before downloading?

Have you used GK recently? I heard they jacked their prices up high when the contact was replaced.
tenaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

I did get a quote from them the other day and the prices were good.

I would rather host the files I have that are too big here on MB but it won't let me upload past a certain point. If anyone knows a better place to put them, I will.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standfast View Post
I did get a quote from them the other day and the prices were good.

I would rather host the files I have that are too big here on MB but it won't let me upload past a certain point. If anyone knows a better place to put them, I will.

Mike is no longer doing the laser stuff. I got Shawn last time and he was very helpful. Their prices are still far below what they want locally, so it is a no brainer for me.

Recent addition... Front steering mod!
plkracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

Standfast, did you make your own rear arms? where did you get the cads for laser cutting the rear arms?
and thanks everyone for the great reply's, It is really cool that every one here is willing to help and answer questions.
thanks
Moto1
Old 02-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

Yeah, I made my own trailing arms but they are kind of specific to the design so it's unlikely that they would work for you . I have pivot angle built into the rear transom on my car which most cars don't so that could be an issue. But, you could simply build your arms from tube to match your particular chassis. You really want to have your parts perfect for your chassis to get optimum performance. For example, You want the trailing arm length to position the outer hub further back than your axle centerline on your carrier or FNR gearbox so that when your suspension cycles down it pulls it directly inline at full droop to get the maximum angle out of your CV's instead of wasting some of that angle with it running backward. This is so you can get the most travel out of your CV's. Also, depending on how much if any camber change you want, the angle needs to be built into the trailing arm mounting. This stuff is really vehicle specific so it's best to build to what you have and what you want.
Sponsored Links