1. Collapse Details
    Guide me. Kinroad crap box?
    I scored this buggy real cheap. I need some direction.

I don't know more than you see in the pics... some ideas I have are make it fast. I'm not sure what it's capable of as is but doesn't look like much. I could work with its existing engine, throw a pull start built gx200 with a tav, run a techumseh 13hp stock with electric start, or buy a 200cc lifan put the clutch on the stick and go from there. Is that 125 a gy6??? Looks a crf style engine to me.
    As for the frame is like the short wheel base. I plan on making it wider in the cock pit with bigger seats. It only has a rear brake and cheap shocks... Let's talk lol

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Guide me. Kinroad crap box?
    My build thread isn't exactly the most detailed, but I think it'd be the closest thing to what you're starting with. Mine began as a similar Chinese buggy, but I think yours is a tad smaller than mine.

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by 65chedderbob View Post
    My build thread isn't exactly the most detailed, but I think it'd be the closest thing to what you're starting with. Mine began as a similar Chinese buggy, but I think yours is a tad smaller than mine.
    LOL wow your wheels are sick... your build is more hardcore than what I'm doing. I probably won't go that big on the engine. I have only trails and not many here in Massachusetts

4. Collapse Details
    Haha thanks, the rears are stock I think and the fronts are the same size as stock, just newer and a different tread. And yeah, the sled motor is what was laying around, so we used it and it sure scoots now lol

5. Collapse Details
    I got it to work today. Everything functions as it should. What I like about it is it can climb and it handles good. What I dislike is its top speed. It's only a 2 speed 125cc. I'm suprised how torquey it feels for what it is but the top end is boring. I ordered a vm22 carb and thicker shorter intake manifold. I'm thinking putting a cdi in it a better spark plug and oil change. I know that won't do much but I don't think I this platform has alot of potential. 125cc is just way too small for it.
    Last edited by Vtecbanger; 05-23-2016 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Wrong carb number

6. Collapse Details
    I put the new carb on with the shorter manifold. The engine had a flat spot mid range. Adjusted the needle height and I'm impressed. No loss of bottom end, response is crisp top speed is improved. It was a great move for this engine. Stator seems to not be charging now. I may stay with 125cc and just upgrade to a new 3 speed. I still need a performance cdi and exhaust.

7. Collapse Details