Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: Paralytic (how to make a hand control steering wheel)
    Hi Stress. Seen these items a while ago and thought they might be useful, maybe this could help deal with the brake issue.

First Pix is a remote mount brake booster to use in conjunction with your existing master cylinder.

Second Pix is an electric brake vacuum pump to use with the remote brake booster, should increase braking power.

Thanks Ironknot

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details
    I did not like the load paths on the Yamaha roll cage. I have a standup wheelchair, so I was able to work on the roof of the roll cage. So I modified the roll cage. I removed the roll cage cross bars on the roof then I cut the brackets off the main roll cage bars on the side of buggy.

I got steel tubing at the steel yard. I cut and welded the cross tubes into the roll cage.

The lower front tube that is welded on the roll cage is the top aft bar on the Yamaha stock roll cage. I cut the mounting brackets off the top aft bar of the Yamaha stock roll cage and turned the bar upside down and welded on the lower front roll cage

I added these bars to the back of the roll cage.

I had my neighbors pull the roll cage off the buggy set it on the ground. At this point the roll cage is only tack welded together. I did the finish welding with the cage on the ground. I had a neighbor hold the roll cage at the angles I needed to do welds.

This shows the mounting tabs for the DZUS fasteners
    https://secure.chassisshop.com/partlist/19090/ Mounting tabs and springs for DZUS fasteners from the Chassis Shop

I welded the radiator mounting brackets to the back part of the roll cage, I welded these brackets on the ground, I took measurements for the radiator while the cage was still on the buggy. I set blocks of wood on the ground to set the radiator on to get the radiator in position, then I built the radiator mounting brackets and welded them in place.
    I put weather stripping on the top of the roll cage where the roof panel will touch it to stop the roof panel from vibrating.

I got a piece of 0.08 inch thick aluminum sheet I got at the steel yard to make the roof panel. I used DZUS fasteners to hold the roof on.
    https://secure.chassisshop.com/partdetail/C73-540/ dimple tool for DZUS fasteners from the Chassis Shop
    https://secure.chassisshop.com/partlist/19090/ Mounting tabs and springs for DZUS fasteners from the Chassis Shop
    https://secure.chassisshop.com/partlist/19084/ DZUS fasteners from the Chassis Shop

I made the window nets frames by welding 0.5"x0.5" square tubing together, I used door hinges for the top pivot points, I made some spring loaded latches that lock it in the down position. After I get the buggy setup all debugged I plan on redoing the window nets so that the window net frame is part of the door, so when I open the door the window net will open as a one piece door and window net assembly.

Last edited by stress; 02-11-2017 at 10:39 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    You can link two master cylinders together so one or other master can operate a brake caliper.

This youtube shows how stunt bikes use a handle bar master cylinder connected to the rear brake foot master cylinder. They can use the foot petal or hand lever apply the rear brake

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkOzxM3yTRQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JKVCjpinFQ

links to other products
    The HHD Rear Hand Brake Fitting (Must Select Red or Green in Order Options) - $60.00 : HoHey Designs, Custom and Factory Parts for stunt bikes

If want to have foot petal brake connected to a hand brake so a normal person can use the foot brake and handicap person can use a hand brake on the buggy, you can use a master cylinder with no reservoir on the foot brake like this
    http://secure.chassisshop.com/partdetail/712-5-8/
    run the brake line from the hand master cylinder and connect it to the top port on the foot master cylinder where the reservoir would normally connect.

In some cases you be able use cutting brake master cylinder , they may not work for you depending on how you want the braking system to work.

In-Line Cutting Brake at The Chassis Shop

STRAIGHT DUAL HANDLE CUTTING BRAKE 3/4 in. BORE BLUE - 452-SB-3-4 at The Chassis Shop

Cutting Brakes - 4Wheel & Off-Road Magazine
    Last edited by stress; 08-16-2015 at 08:34 PM.

5. Collapse Details
    I am not going to be able to get the KLIKTRONIC electric shifter or PROSHIFT electric shifter to work on my 2016 Yamaha YXZ1000. The KLIKTRONIC electric shifter or PROSHIFT electric shifter systems do not produce enough force to shift correctly. I started looking into converting my 2016 Yamaha YXZ1000 to be able to use the 2017 Yamaha YXZ1000 Sport Shift paddle shifter.
    I looked at the online OEM parts. I compared the the part numbers of 2016 to 2017 sports shift and found all the parts that changed. About 90% of the transmission is the same , things like the shift drum changed, one of the shift forks changed, the inter clutch hub changed, there are changes in the clutch plates and some other parts. The following is need engine ECU , transmission control unit, dash display, wire harness, electric clutch, the center console shift box assembly , gear position sensor, and other parts. On the Rocky Mountain ATV OEM parts site the grand total came to $6250.00 It took me 11 hours to comparing part numbers for every thing relating to the sports shift function.

I have ordered all the parts to convert my 2016 Yamaha YXZ1000 to the 2017 Yamaha YXZ1000 Sport Shift paddle shifter system. I have started removing the transmission from the buggy. Once I have removed the transmission I will have to disassemble it so I can change the shift drum and one shift fork and few other parts.

Yamaha says the parts will not be available until May 2017, I ordered the parts in January 2017. Being able to get Yamaha parts has been problem ever since I got my Yamaha, this has been a big problem. I always raced Honda's and getting parts was never a problem
    Last edited by stress; 03-04-2017 at 11:19 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    I'm unable to view most of the photos. There must be a problem with Photobucket?

7. Collapse Details
    I am working on putting the pictures back in these posts using Goggle Photo its going to take some time 3 to 4 months. Photo Bucket is charging $400 a year and that is to much for me, so I am changing to Goggle Photo.
    Last edited by stress; 12-30-2017 at 01:57 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Scottsdale, AZ. 10.9 miles from the trailheads
    Use Chrome for a browser and the pix show up.

I’ve put it on both the Windblows and Mac and I can see them. Can’t see anything on Safari.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14