MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community

Go Back   MiniBuggy.Net: The Ultimate Off-Road Buggy Community > :::Stadium Lite Class Rules::: > Class Development

Class Development Discussion forum for the development of Stadium Lite Class buggy rules and guidelines.

Old 05-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default B.I.T.D. class 3000 mini buggy

here is a class I started and got going .it is open to all builders and is fast and affordable .I dont know how to forward the link so go to www.bitd.com and click car and truck rules it is on page 53-53 here is rules in a nut shell
"stock"2.2 or 2.4 ecotec
103" w/b
85" width
transaxle
all nessesary safty equip as listed per BITD
fusionoffroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2009, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: B.I.T.D. class 3000 mini buggy

this class is also recognized by MORE , MDR , SNORE , DRIVE , GLENN HELLEN ,SCORE with a few exeptions in score.SCORE 2.2 only no bypasses 2 shocks per corner.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

Administrator

I'm in the process of putting a 2.2 Ecotec in my car right now. No more Class 10 and the dreaded PITA Honda buzz bomb.

Hopefully my first outing with the car being race ready will be Whiplash's Snowflake race over Labor Day Weekend.

Mini-Raptor!
K-fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

I was just on BITD's site this weekend reading through the Class 3000 rules. Very cool!!!
diirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-fab View Post
I'm in the process of putting a 2.2 Ecotec in my car right now. No more Class 10 and the dreaded PITA Honda buzz bomb.

Hopefully my first outing with the car being race ready will be Whiplash's Snowflake race over Labor Day Weekend.
Well hurry up! I wanna race with you. I will probably be racing Pro 10 class. I wonder if Whiplash will have a 3000 class or enough ecotec cars by then. I remember there being a trophylites and and a x-18 racing out there last year. Maybe fusion and predator can get some more ecoteckies out there and you will have a class... Whiplash's Snowflake is a fun race to go to and unlike any other desert race I have been to.
standfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Administrator

Run it in Class 12 - Unlimited. I'm thinking we'll probably run the pro class instead of the regular Sportsman class, but that's still to be seen.

Mini-Raptor!
K-fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

we are currently looking cor a arizona C1 LITE dealer to start filling the whip[lash races up with ecotec cars. K fab if its not to late contact me on a 2.4 ecotec way more power same price.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the info Fusion! Not at all trying to hijack, but I have a Shotgun buggy that is legal in this class, is ready to go, and will be for sale in about 3 weeks- I have not posted it anywhere yet (I'm busy with school until June), but it was built on this board, so I thought I'd mention it here first. If you wanna race, it may be an affordable way to get in- the car absolutely screams ;-)
Radiodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think this class is awesome. I have been following it since the beginning and the one thing i'm surprised about is that it hasn't taken off as much as i thought it would. It seemed to have a lot of interest at the start. I hope it keeps slowly building and the car counts keep increasing. The C1 lites are cool and i hope you can get some out here in Arizona so i can check them out. The trophy lites are now being built out here in AZ so we will probably see more of those around in the future. I'm more of a buggy guy so will probably go that route when the time comes. Damn economy sucks. I know when i get out of debt in the next year or so i will be looking into getting something and this class is on the top of my list.
K-fab keep an eye on the whiplash site as i've heard rumors the snowflake race might change weekends. BLM is pressuring them and also possibly moving the race to a new location up their. Don't know if any of this is true just internet rumors. You mentioned class 12, isn't 12 for beam cars or is whiplash different then the rest? Anyways just a heads up on the Race and get that car done. I still want a ride
For now i will have to stick to the triple e and the dirt bike.
bc124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Super Moderator

I just don't understand why different organizations have different rules for this class?
Yes other organizations Recognize this class but almost each of them have their own set of rules.
SCORE's rules say 2.2 ecotec, no bypass shocks, way different weight the car must weigh, 105 inch wheel base etc. and are called class 2's.
Then they have the class 4 cars which is the open class with a 2.2 ecotec and the rest is open.
This includes wheel base, width, even single seater, weight etc.
Why is everyone so different?

This means if I build a SCORE legal car that has a 105 inch long wheelbase and does not weigh enough I can not race it at BITD or maybe Whiplash etc. that has their own rules and does not recognize SCORES rules as the official rules of this class.
So does SCORES rules over ride all others? Are they the official rules everyone will be recognizing now? Do I build my next car per SCORE rules like I have done in the past for all my other cars? Or go by your rules you have set up?
See I just don't know? I will talk to my race promoter and see but if I want to go catch a mint 400 like I have in the past or the Vegas to Reno will my car not pass tech? Being 1300 I don't have these problems but when I switch back into a class I want to be 100% sure what I am getting into and building it for. Like my old class 1200 car it is the same everywhere only the number changes from organization. My wife's old Class 5 car and both my brothers class 9 and 11 cars all the same.
I just don't understand why everyone is not on the same page when it comes to the rules in this class???

I can't get my wife to change to an ecotec anyways so I guess it don't matter but If I saw at least 5 cars show up and race every race then I would be one board but so far that has not happened.
Maybe next year and maybe economy will pick up enough for me to build my own car and drop in the ecotec.
Pepper already said I can build my own car as long as I leave Kitt alone for her.

Trust me this is a great class I should know I built my car before the rules even came out and before they started building them. So I totally love the class as my car was built for this class.

I was a little confused also by why this class has not taken off, but I think it just has to do with economy. The cars are a great idea and perfect for racing etc. but the economy has really slowed the growth of this class. Plus the cars cost is just not as low as an economy class can be. XV-18 are making cars for almost half the price? Add on all the race gear and your still lower priced? So I think if the cost was lower and it was truly an economical class then more people could afford it.
If people offered a lower cost more economical entry level race car then I think more people would get into it also. Then the customer could upgrade parts etc. as they like or want to.
That's my thought of why it has not taken off as much as it could have.

Anyways I love the class an hope to see more of you Mini Buggy type of people racing in this class because a car with a 105 inch or less wheel base is pretty mini. Ya not motorcycled powered but
still mini compared to the size of the other class race cars out there.

Last edited by TutTech; 06-08-2009 at 02:26 PM..
TutTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links