Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19
  1. Collapse Details
    Re: West Michigan AR-51
    MUCH appreciated fellas. Once again, work has bogged me down from finishing the loose ends. BUT I got some bead-locks for the car now! They are a set of 14"x 7" Racelines in the front, and 14"x 10" in the back. I think I may get rid of my silver wheels. Maybe.
    Now to make them fit. I will have to machine up 4 adapters, but no biggie.

And yes, these are just mocked up, and I dropped a bolt. For those looking at the details. LOL

Nowhere near the desert.

2. Collapse Details
    Nice looking set of wheels. To bad it's hard to find wheels in the 5x4.5 pattern that are sxs wheels or similar. I've thought about making some adapters myself when it comes time.

3. Collapse Details
    Thanks GSI. Once I make the adapters I will be unlimited as to wheel choices. Plus I can easily try other paddle tires with the guys I know with RZR's.

On a side note, I got the cooling system plumbed in, and I let it run in the driveway for what seemed like forever to get the system up to 220 to make sure the cooling fan kicked on as designed. It didn't. Not sure if it is due to the location of the fan switch location not being in the radiator anymore, but a foot away. I will have to pull it out to verify the switch operation in some boiling water or something.

I also did some looking into the torque numbers and this 750 has 12 ft-LBS MORE than my old CBR 1000 engine. HUH.

AND I also got my axles installed and ordered my cables. Very close to a test drive!
    Nowhere near the desert.

4. Collapse Details
    So disregard the above figures of the 750 vs the ole 1000. I must have had pages crossed. Lol.

I finally got my cables for the throttle and clutch from California push pull. Installed them and FINALLY took it for a spin. Amazingly nimble, and you can drift the rear end out quite effortlessly. I also went with a GSXR 1000 13 tooth sprocket on the front. I want to get some more seat time in this weekend. The suspension feels really nice, as well as the suspension seat. The clutch and shifting with the left hand feels pretty good too. Just a little funny going to stab the clutch petal and tap the rear brake. Lol. I've gotta get some video and pictures up.

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

5. Collapse Details
    This video may, or may not work. First test drive!
    https://www.facebook.com/justin.terr...9717568164006/
    Nowhere near the desert.

6. Collapse Details
    Freakin awesome man! you had to have the same grin I had when I took mine out for the first time. lol

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by quadsonly View Post
    Freakin awesome man! you had to have the same grin I had when I took mine out for the first time. lol

Haa thanks dude! It felt awesome to get out.

Taking it around the small fields around the house is great for my initial shakedown runs. Iv'e been playing with the shocks a little. The initial set-up feels good, but I think I will go a little lighter on the compression stack. I will put in a flutter stack to help out the little hits. Another thing I will be adding is a second "air gap" heat shield to the one I already have. On my short runs my back gets pretty warm. I may add a small fan to the shield too, or possibly add some wings to grab some air. I did this to my old car and it helped out a lot.

My temp creeps up to 200, and the fan is supposed to kick on at 220. I only got it up that hot idling in the driveway. I may put in a lower temp switch. There are 2 temp sensors. One reads to the dash, and the computer, which is before the radiator and the actual fan switch is after the radiator. My thoughts is it has already cooled the coolant down and will not see the 220 as the dash reads 220. That is my theory anyways. My other thought is to just add a simple switch and relay to turn the fan on all the time.

One thing I did too was I added a delrin sleeve to the shift shaft to keep the chain from smacking it upon decel. Seems to hold up pretty well, but I can hear the delrin spinning on the shift shaft. I think this may keep the wear down on the delrin. time will tell. Otherwise I will need an idler sprocket to clear the shift shaft.

Moar updates later.

Justin
    Nowhere near the desert.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19